In my english class, we had to interview someone and then type and turn the questionaire with answers in (one of the best english classes ever! Oh Ms. Dearmas!). Well I had decided to interview my grandma, but because she lived a few hours away. So I e-mailed her questions and she answered them. I read through it and my heart ache's to see my family in St. George.
She was talking about college and her marrage and family. I'm in the stage of applying to colleges and such. But as she was talking about her marriage with my grandpa, I realized that I really want something like what she has. I mean, they still hold hands in public and stuff. You can really tell that their love is still alive! That's so hard to find these days, with half of the marriages failing. They've been married for 41 years (September 3, 1971)! And they're still going on strong! I yearn for that! My parents are high school sweathearts ( going on 19, or 20, years of marriage), I don't know if I want that, but I do want to never get divorced. My grandma was saying all the things she loves about my grandpa, and I want to tell my grandkids about my husband like she did.
Have I mentioned that I have the best grandma in the world?? She's like...THE BEST!! She taught me in 2nd grade! I remember one day I had called her grandma in class (because I had to call her Mrs. Alldridge) and it was soo embaressing! She is an amazing sewer/quilter! While we were living in MA, she sent over a quilt for my bed! I love that quilt so much! I don't use it anymore, but I still think about it! I remembered the quilt smelt like her (she smells wonderful!) and I kept it in it's package until I had smelt all the smell out of it. I really missed her then! I haven't seen her in so long, such a crying shame becuse she's only two hours away. My grandma also loves to read! She got me into storytelling! One thing I loved about storytelling was that grandma loved it! We had shared that love, and it brought us closer. I'm also her oldest grandchild :)
I'll be the first grandchild to go to high school (check!), college (almost there!), get married, had kids (first great grandchildren!) :) I'm so excited to be her firsts! I'm so excited for my children to get to know my grandma the way I have! She's just an amazing example! I love my grandma so much!!
I have been fortunate enough to know all my grandparents, and three great grandparents (all on my mom's side)! I honestly feel sorry for those who never got to know their grandparents, because I grew up living close to my grandma. My childhood was always filled with a loving grandma who I saw almost every Sunday! She is the best grandma anyone could ask for!
This is what I decided to post about today, because of finding that e-interview. She is such an amazing woman! I will fight anyone to the death who challenges my "Greatest Grandma Ever!" title for MY grandma! :)
With Adoration,
Chelsea Maire :)
In my grandma's time, you were either a Beach Boy's fan (goodie good) or a Beetles fan (rebel). She eventually became a Beetles fan, but was a goodie good! :) She also liked Andy Williams. I sure don't know the best Andy Williams song, but here's one! In 8th grade we sang this song in chior.
P.S. Today I saw Mr. Bossman smile for the first time! :)
Your grandmother sounds so sweet! You can have the "Greatest Grandma Ever", but I think I have the "Best Grandmother Ever"! :)
ReplyDeletehaha that works for me :P
Delete